Product page optimization is not just about having the right technology, it’s also about how that tech is applied. In order to get the most out of your Syndigo Enhanced Content, ask yourself these key questions:
1. What is your product’s most unique feature? What is the one thing that makes your product different from everything else on the market?
2. Why does your product exist? What problem is your product trying to solve?
3. Who is your product for? Who uses your product? Who buys your product What do they care about? Can you connect these values to your product features?
4. What are the key features of this product? If you were presenting your product in a store, what features would you demonstrate about it? Use product videos or galleries to provide this showroom experience online.
5. What do customers say about your product? What do your customer reviews say about your product? Are there common questions or concerns customers have that you can address on your product page?
Being strategic with content is key to optimizing your product pages. using photos, videos, 360 views, and product documents helps to improve customer attention and increase engagement. Here are some best practices for the various types of content you should incorporate onto your product pages
Web accessibility may seem like extra work for your eCommerce growth, but it’s actually a positive addition for your business.
Disabilities that affect a customer’s ability to shop on the web affect over 9%, or 35 million Americans. Why now show an open-for-business sign to this audience?
Alt text provides the visually impaired with a description of your product images by allowing screen reading technology to describe your images verbally. Without alt text, these readers would simply recite the filename.
All videos should be accompanied with closed caption files in .VTT format. The .VTT file should match any spoken words, and describe any music or sounds in the video. Closed captions also need to be applied throughout the length of the video.
Never stop improving by paying close attention to the performance metrics included in our Enhanced Content Reports.
Pro Tips: Experience by testing different types of photos, videos, and other content to see what resonates best with your customers.
Test significant differences one at a time to isolate the effect content or layout can have on your conversion rates.