Integrated Product content Management Platform Supports Rapid eCommerce Growth.
As consumer shopping behaviors continue to evolve, PepsiCo, one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies, has led the way in driving digital shopper engagement.
Over the past several years, PepsiCo has created a broad, global eCommerce team. The team has deep expertise across digital product pages, search engine optimization, and product content.
One of the areas PepsiCo wanted to further develop was better connecting with digital shoppers and improving brand consistency in the eCommerce environment.
Building trust with our consumers requires us to deliver the best brand experience online. Syndigo gives us the capabilities we need to accomplish that.
— MICHAL GELLER, SVP OF GLOBAL ECOMMERCE MARKETING AND PRODUCT, PEPSICO
In looking for a solution to help achieve this goal, PepsiCo’s eCommerce team identified a number of key requirements:
- A sophisticated platform that would have direct connections to retailer backends, with the ability to update content quickly and easily, removing manual and error-prone steps
- The capability to create customized, differentiated content for each retailer
- A long-term partner who would pivot with PepsiCo as their internal objectives and shoppers’ behavior evolved
- A tool that PepsiCo users would want to engage with due to its easy-to-use user interface
- An agile product development approach that could quickly transform PepsiCo’s requirements into digital capabilities
- The company performed a comprehensive evaluation of available solutions. After significant due diligence, PepsiCo selected Syndigo because the company met all of PepsiCo’s key requirements.
The company performed a comprehensive evaluation of available solutions. After significant due diligence, PepsiCo selected Syndigo because the company met all of PepsiCo’s key requirements.
Syndigo makes managing, updating and maintaining our digital content across our key retail partners fast and easy.
— JARED TAITEL, ECOMMERCE MARKETING MANAGER, PEPSICO
Having worked together for several years, the teams at the two companies have evolved their working relationship into a true partnership. “our position in the industry gives us unique insight into the future of eCommerce. Syndigo has been able to quickly develop tools and reports to support new ways of connecting with the digital shopper,” said Geller.
Working together, PepsiCo and Syndigo have had a number of major wins, including:
- Ensuring that consumers have all the information they need to add to cart by updating product imagery for a significant new product launch
- Improving the workflow for updating content on one of their key retailer’s web sites
- Expanding PepsiCo’s online presence on a key retailer website by setting up PepsiCo’s full catalog of items, enabling PepsiCo to connect with more digital consumers
- Accelerating time to market via a streamlined item setup process for a major retailer’s eCommerce site from several months to under 48 hours
- Ensuring a consistent digital brand image for PepsiCo online with on-going digital content auditing so that PepsiCo can be confident that their brand is being properly represented regardless of where consumers shop
- Optimizing product content as new packaging rolls out, providing a seamless experience between in-store and online for the consumer